Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Ps 37:7. Rest is for our benefit to restore us. We can experience true rest when we spend time in God’s presence, praying or reflecting on His Word. As we take time from our busy schedule, we can be still, silent, present, and allow Him to work in us. Remembering the Sabbath is important Ex 10: 8. Psalm 62: 1My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Struggling with Rest? Here are some Biblical exhortations:
– Call to Him During Sleep-less Nights (Psalm 4)
– Trust God With Your Future (Psalm 16:1-2; 7-11)
– Allow Him To Lead You (Psalm 23)
– Give All Your Worries to Him (Psalm 127)
– Quiet Your Soul Before God (Psalm 131)